The Institute for Theatre Studies in Bochum welcomes incoming Erasmus students both in the bachelor’s and master’s phase. The duration of your stay (one or two semesters) and the availability of study places depend on the bilateral agreements between our universities. Please inform yourself about the current conditions at your home university.
Currently, our department has bilateral agreements with departments in the following universities:
- The University of Copenhagen (Department of Arts and Cultural Studies/Theatre)
- Universiteit Antwerpen (Performing Arts)
- Universiteit Amsterdam (Theater Studies)
- Universitätsverbund Bern/Fribourg/Neuchâtel (Theaterwissenschaft)
- Universiteit Gent (Performing Arts/Theatre Science)
- Université de Paris X – Nanterre (Département des arts du spectacle)
- Université de Poitiers (Département du spectacle)
- University of Poznan (Faculty of Polish and Classical Philology/Theatre Science)
- University of Vienna (Theater- Film- und Medienwissenschaft)
Please notice that an Erasmus stay at our department requires good knowledge of the German language (at least B1/B2), because almost all our seminars and lectures are in German. However, in some other departments at the university, there are also courses in different languages (mainly in English). Please inform yourself beforehand about the external course offers and the possibility of attending these courses. Here you can find our course catalogue for the current semester. Please note that the course offering in Theatre Studies changes with every semester and it is not possible to attend the same course again. There is also no obligatory academic schedule, because we support the free choice and interests of our students.
You can find all kinds of support for incoming students and detailed information about the Erasmus program at the Ruhr University, Bochum on the homepage of the International Office at the RUB.
The Erasmus coordinator at our department: Dr. habil. Monika Woitas